Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 3 of the Cleanse...

Today is the third day of my "Master Cleanse" experience. I have 7 more days to go! The cleanse drink consists of: filtered water, cayenne pepper, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and organic, grade B maple syrup. That's all I have had to eat/drink for the last 3 days. Well, that and a salt water mixture in the morning and at night that flushes everything out of my colon.

With the exception of about 10 minutes the first day, I haven't felt any hunger at all. I didn't like the taste of the drink the first 2 days but today it has been much better. I have to admit though, cooking for Miguel and the kids isn't fun. But I am able to make myself just enjoy the rich smells of the food and then drink my cleanse drink and be satisfied. I have cravings from time to time but they usually hit when it's about time for my next drink (every 2 hours). I feel like I am getting a lot of the toxins (from fast food, soda, sweets, ect.) out of my body. I have been in a good mood overall and have been fairly productive. A pleasant side effect of the cleanse is that I have lost 3 lb. in 3 days.

I will keep updating the blog with my progress. It is a good way for me to deal with this experience that at times can be difficult. I'm sure this next week will be great though. Everyone that has done this cleanse says that days 3 and 4 are the hardest. Wish me Luck!

2 comments:

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Yes, best of luck for sure! I tried a different type of colon clease with a seaweed/veggie soup, salad with vinigar, spironilla powder etc. It was absolutely terrible and I just couldn't do it exactly right. I'm sure it cleansed me a little though. Let me know how it goes.

Lacie said...

I have done this cleanse twice but only for 3 days. I would love to go 7 to 10 maybe again when I'm done nursing.