Sunday, June 21, 2009

Paramount's Kings Dominion...

While we were in Virginia I took the kids to Paramount's Kings Dominion. Growing up, my friend Brooke and I had season passes to Kings Dominion every summer. And I worked there in the merchandise stores off and on from my high school years until I was 6 months pregnant with Erin. So, Brooke watched Anya at her house while I took Erin and David there for the day.
Erin was fearless on the rides. David took a little while to warm up to his surroundings. The Taxi Jam roller coaster was the first official coaster that Erin and David went on. I look forward to the day when they can ride the big coasters with Mom.
We got to see Scooby Doo but the kids didn't want to get too close or take pics with him. Erin did however want to drive the Mystery Machine bus. We also saw Dora and Boots but the kids were not thrilled about getting too close to them either. They were taller than Mommy and kind of intimidating for little kids. (Paramount is a Viacom company and so anything from Nickolodeon or Hanna Barbara falls under the Viacom umbrella.)--can you tell how many years I worked at the park?
David was still hesitant to ride things but agreed to go on the helicopter ride.
Then we headed down to the water park area of the park and David's attitude changed completely. He was on board from then on out.
I loved the expression on his face when he would come down the water slide.


Erin and David coming out of one of the wave pools.
We went on the new ferris wheel and could see the whole park from up top. We had a great view of the Eiffle tower too. (not the on in France obviously--this one is just 333 1/3 feet tall exactly 1/3 the height of the real one)--again useless info that park employees have to know.

Erin cracks me up in this photo because I kept telling her to put the cotton candy down so I could see her face and some random lady told her that she should listen to her Mom and then Erin gave the lady this look.
At the end of the day I put the kids back in the car hoping that Kings Dominion had worn them out enough to get a good nights sleep. They were both out by the time we had made it 10 miles down the road. Victory!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Caleb and Alyssa just came in and said, "Can we go there?".Looks like fun! Caleb was excited to see the van from Scooby Doo. Erin looks so grown up with her bangs pulled back!