Tuesday, May 12, 2009

He did it!


David is officially potty trained! He is 3 1/2. We have been working on this for a long time and we thought he would never be fully potty trained and he IS! He is such an easygoing kid that the usual prizes (stickers, candy, toys) didn't really motivate him much. He enjoyed going to pick out a toy truck at the dollar store after he had reached his goal, but he didn't do it because of the toy truck, he did it because he was finally ready. I am so proud of him and so excited too. He is just so proud of himself. I can't remember the last time I had just one child in diapers. It's weird but I remember feeling a renewed sense of confidence as a mother after Erin finally learned to go potty and I have to say that it feels great to having done it the second time as well. It just occurred to me today that if Anya learns as young as Erin did then by this time next year our house will be diaper free! Now THAT will be a day of celebration. :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Yay, David!!! A formidable accomplishment, to be sure. I've heard potty-training boys can be very challenging. So much for me to look forward to...

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!Way to go David! I am so happy for you Paige!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Good job! I'm excited for your trip. Good luck with the traveling! Love you.