Saturday, May 23, 2009

more fun in Mexico...

We are still in Mexico having fun. So get ready for a ton of pics... I am catching up for the last few days. This picture is funny because the covered patio is the place where the carseats get the most use (when the kids are playing in them). Most of the time we fit 5 or 6 people in the back seat of the car and there is no room for carseats. They are not very common here. Even new cars dont have a latch system and the seatbelts are not the automatic locking retractor belts designed for carseats. So here the carseats rest.
Here are my kids going crazy in the back seat of the car because they have never been in a car without being strapped into their carseats. I think I have done a great job of just rolling with the punches and recognizing things that I cannot change and then moving on.
So today we went to this park at the University where Miguel used to attend school. This park is absolutely beautiful. The pictures speak for themselves. And we pretty much had the whole park to ourselves.

Anya continues to be clingy and whenever someone else is holding her and she spots me, she cries. Thats why she doesnt look so happy here, but she was having a blast before she saw me.

As we were walking through the first part of the trail that runs through the park, Erin asked me if we were in a jungle. Did I mention that their Tio Jose (12) and their Tia Vivi (almost 11) are great helpers. They always hold the kids hands when they are walking and Jose helps carry Anya a lot too.
Erin was looking at some interesting bugs in the grass.
Anya finally let me put her down.

And David wouldnt be David if he didnt find a stick and try to poke the fish in the pond. :)


We saw some cute turtles hiding on the rocks in the lake.



I am not sure what kind of flower this is but its definately unique.
Anya spent the rest of her time in the park resting on the shoulder of her Abuela.
The kids are really enjoying the company of their Tios and love visiting with their Abuelos.
David is always running off to the next thing.
After the first park, we went home to take a potty break and then we walked to the neighborhood park that is about 3 blocks away. We have gone there a number of times since we arrived because we can just walk to it and because the kids have so much energy!



Thats about all for now but I will keep posting from Mexico. We will be here for another 9 days and then its off to Virginia to see Grandpa!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

The flower that you took a picture of is called "Bird of Paradise." We had some in my yard in California.

It looks like you are having a great time!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Looks awesome! Great pictures and good blogging. I like, "David just wouldn't be David without poking a fish with a stick." That cracks me up. He and Christian will have a great time together!

Lacie said...

That looks beautiful!! Sounds like a lot of fun to!

Erin said...

Wow, who knew Mexico looked so green? I've only ever been to Ensenada, so I have no idea what "the REAL Mexico" looks like. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun with the fam!