Saturday, May 16, 2009

Traveling...

We made it to Mexico! I flew with the kids by myself this time. And somehow managed to make it through 2 flights then immigration and customs with 3 small children, all of our luggage and 3 carseats. Surprisingly I only broke down and cried twice. This was the only moment all day that they were calm (none of them slept on the plane) so I thought I would take a picture. But we are all here safe and sound and loving our vacation.
The kids love the giant wash tub that their Abuela bought for them.

Here David and his aunt Vivian, a.k.a. Tia Vivi, are jumping on the beds (while Erin is sleeping of course)

Anya has not had much practice with stairs and was still crawling down backwards until she just woke up one day and decided that she was going to go down the stairs like the big girls. After she did it the first time, she practiced her new trick 4 or 5 more times to make sure she had mastered it.





Their aunt Liliana, a.k.a. Tia Lili, had a birthday this weekend and we arrived just in time for her birthday party and the delicious catered taco bar. Here the taco guy is roasting the pork and shredding it with a big knife.



Here is the birthday girl and the other guests waiting in line for their tacos. They were sooooo good. I broke my diet and ate an ton of tacos (exact count undisclosed).

Here Erin is performing karaoke (to a Hanana Montana song of course).


Then today we went to the pool and let the kids swim all afternoon. I know I am biased but I think Anya makes a great beach babe.


Here she is sitting with her feet in the pool alongside her Abuela.

The girls loved swiming with their Abuelo too. I should mention that their Tia Vivi and Tio Jose helped a lot with the kids in the pool since they are both older and excelent swimmers.

Here David and Jose are about to get in the pool.






As always, David has to pose for the camera. What a silly boy.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

You are a brave, brave woman Paige! Kudos to you for only breaking down twice!!! Anya's ponytails are sooo cute! Looks like you're having a great time!

The Jatens said...

Sounds like you are having fun. Explains why you didn't answer your phone today. Please keep updating during all your adventures this summer. I love to see pictures. Does Anya need a swim suit? :-) Just kidding, I loved your comment about all of Capri's swim suits. I'm justified with all the hot weather in AZ right? :-) Have a wonderful time in Mexico!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Looks like fun! We are excited to see you here soon too! Hope the next travel day is much easier!

HailerStar said...

Paige, your kids are so cute! I love the pix. *And yay for Anya walking down the stairs...the first time I tried that when I was a Wee One I fell down the stairs and cracked my head on the entertainment center, how's that for coordination?*

Drop me an email: hailerroATyahooDotcom and I'll drop you an invite to my blogspot.

Unknown said...

I miss you so much guys!!! Love you

Tiana said...

Seriously those pigtails on Anya are so darn adorable!!! I can't wait for Sariah's hair to be long enough so I can do that to her...it's soooo cute! I hope you are enjoying all the good mexican food....diets are banned on vacations anyway!