Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Greeeen Acres is the Place to be...

Yep, that's right! Faaaarm livin' is the life for me... Okay, so not really. But we did have fun going to the farm to pick pumpkins. You know, the hay ride... the pumpkin patch... then apple cider--in the form of a slurpee. What?! Yeah, we were expecting hot apple cider (especially since it was like 32 degrees outside) or hot chocolate or something. But the only things the big red barn was serving up were cider slushies and ice cream. WEIRD. The kids loved the bumpy hayride out to the pumpkin patch. David would not take his eyes off the big green tractor that was pulling the wagon. When we got to the big field of pumpkins Erin immediately picked up a small green gourd about the size of her hand and insisted on it the rest of the trip. David picked up his pumpkin and proceeded to drop it until it had cracked after which he picked it up again and tried to take it back on the wagon. Luckily I had found two smaller, toddler sized pumpkins on the other side of the field. After we rode the wagon back to the big red barn we took some more pics with our friends-- Cynthia and her adorable kids Alyssa, Bradley and Isabella. Then we paid for our pumpkins and bought some sweet snacks and some cider slushies for the kids. It was a great day. I think these activities are perfect for making memories with the kids. I'm so glad we all went together. I know I couldn't have done it by myself.

There were so many great pics I narrowed it down the best I could...



Isabella, Erin and David playing on the fence.

Erin with her favorite babysitter, Alyssa.

No comments: